In the highways and transportation industry, we often talk about the safety of our road users and colleagues. However, there is a lot of work that takes place behind the scenes to keep our highways secure and uninviting for those who may be trying to cause us harm.
Connect Plus Services (CPS) has invested in a state-of-the-art Network Security Centre (NSC). The centre has been designed to enable CPS to provide full security services to its controlled network in compliance with the code of practice specified by the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI).
Features of the new facility include:
- comprehensive CCTV coverage of depots and the motorway network
- local and remote access control
- covert and overt security monitoring capabilities
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition systems and
- the ability to facilitate multi-agency working with operational partners including the emergency services and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
Keeping the future in mind, the NSC has been designed with the capacity to incorporate new technology to ensure that CPS stays one step ahead of those who set out to cause harm or loss on our network.
The new, modern, ergonomic working environment enables the experienced security team to manage any incident from detection to conclusion in a safe and efficient manner, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.